Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Best. Compliment. Ever!!

I had an allergy appointment yesterday and the dr said he wanted to check my pulse so he did. When he finished... HOLD ON... you need some background.

I hate getting my pulse taken! Why, you ask? I have always had a high pulse. Multiple drs have told me this. One even went so far as to run tests on my thyroid because of it. (which turned out fine) So now I get all freaked out when they take my pulse cuz I don't want them to make a big deal.

[Back to yesterday]

After he finished his count he said, "wow! (oh no, here it comes!), are you a jogger?"

What, are you kidding me? Where did that come from? I told him I just finished my fourth week of couch 2 5K, so yes, I was trying to be one.

Then he said, "Your pulse is nice and slow and steady, like you jog. I'm trying to get my pulse lower."

So I told him I really liked the couch 2 5K program.

I was so shocked and pleasantly surprised. I've never been told that and it affirmed to me that what I'm doing is helping my body and making me a healthier person!! Thank you Dr for making my day!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I'm so proud of you for taking good care of yourself and your family. I know Brian is happy and that makes me happy. ;) You are a great lady. I'm glad we're family. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete